Monday, May 31, 2010

The Junk Drawer

You know that drawer in your house that catches all the "'stuff" and then eventually one day you have to stop and clean it out?  Well, this is the junk drawer day of pictures!  As you will see, we have been busy!  Let's begin where we left off...
We had a T-ball game the same day as Martin's birthday, so who better to party with than a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds?







Cupcake baseball cake made by me for The Best T-ball Coach!


Once we got home and got the boys to bed, I surprised my sweet husband with a cake so just the two of us could celebrate his special day!



A few days later it was my birthday.  All my boys worked hard on a dirt cake for me!  Complete with genuine fake roses and too many gummie worms!  Mmmm Mmmm!






Easter was right around the corner.  So, we loaded up our baskets and headed to the local easter egg hunt.  Cooper Gray was not too sure about the whole egg hunt.  He was a little puzzled as to why someone had put these round colored things all around.  Seaver on the other hand, ran and ran until the last egg was found!  Here are a few highlights of the day!









It was ridiculous how many eggs we found! 


The Newby family and the Easter Bunny!


Even though we got a gazillion eggs at the hunt, we still had to dye special eggs!  Cooper Gray was napping and Seaver and I got elbow deep in dye.  Just plain dyed eggs was not going to cut it!  Oh no, we had to tye dye our eggs!  I must say, they turned out AWESOME!  Great job Seaver!




Easter morning finally arrived!  Seaver and Cooper Gray were so excited with all the goodies in their Easter baskets!  Hooray for the Easter Bunny!






At church in our Easter best!


Stayed tuned!  More to come in the next few days. 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome family and great pics! You and Martin seem to be getting younger not older. Shonda and I are taking a couple of weeks off work to do a "staycation" of sorts. Keep up the blog. You are becomming a writer! Did I tell you that a young lady ay work is from Paris.....Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the pictures.. Got your message and promise to call when i have a moment without kids. We are out of school and the kids have absolutley worn out the pool and me as well. Avery Grace starts Kids College next week so I should have some time.. Can't wait to chat and catch up.. Love you!! mary grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs.Amy! I adore all of the pictures and I can't wait for more. I love reading your blog and finding out all of the exiting events that you and your family do together! [ But I am pretty sure I know most of them!] Love, Lauren

    ReplyDelete